Ethel Strickarz was a longtime associate of the Arc of Steuben. She served as Director of Development prior to her death in 2014. This education fund is a fitting tribute to her commitment to The Arc and the people it support.
The recipient must be a graduating senior from a public or private school in Steuben County, a homeschooled student who resides in Steuben County and is completing their senior year or an adult learner who resides in Steuben County.
- The recipient must plan to pursue their education in the field of special education, human services, or a related clinical area such as nursing, psychology, speech pathology, or physical/occupational therapy.
- The scholarship application must be completed in its entirety and submitted with all requested attachments.
- Completed applications must be received on or before March 29, 2019. Students can return their completed applications to the high school guidance office. Students pursuing education elsewhere should return their completed applications to The Arc of Steuben’s Development Office, 1 Arc Way, Bath, New York 14810
Method of Selection of Scholarship Winners/Rules:
- Candidates will be screened and selected by a scholarship committee.
- Candidates will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Educational and career goals
- Academic, including academic improvement and/or maintenance of high average through high school
- Extra-curricular activities
- Winners will be recognized at June graduation ceremonies.
- The recipient is eligible to receive the award upon returning to college for the second school semester of his/her first year. A copy of the student’s tuition bill and copies of college transcripts will be required at that time.
- The recipient must be willing to provide his/her current photo to the Arc of Steuben to be used in internal/external communications promoting the Ethel Strickarz Memorial Scholarship upon being chosen as a recipient.