The Arc of Steuben, a not-for-profit organization, is a partnership of dedicated people committed to working together to support people with disabilities and their families. We provide personalized opportunities, advocacy and support so that people realize their goals, dreams and full potential in a positive atmosphere of encouragement and achievement.
We envision communities in which people of all abilities are welcomed, involved, and valued. By embracing difference, our communities will be stronger.
- Individual Success – We provide opportunities for success using a person-centered approach. The people we support are the first priority.
- Communication – We are committed at all times to honest, respectful and direct communication.
- Associate Learning and Satisfaction – We believe quality education, leadership and teamwork in a positive, fun and healthy environment enhances job satisfaction.
- Respect – We treat the people we support, their families and our colleagues with dignity and respect, embracing our differences.
- Excellence – We are dedicated to the highest standards.
Accreditation through CQL | The Council on Quality and Leadership provides human service organizations and systems a proven framework for quality monitoring and enhancement. It goes far beyond just an on-site review, encompassing an ongoing partnership where CQL and the agency collaborate to ensure that person-centered approaches are playing out not only in policy but especially in practice. CQL Accreditation integrates internationally-recognized and trademarked tools to ensure that organizations continually improve the quality of supports and the quality of people's lives, leading to the achievement of individually-defined outcomes by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health diagnoses, older adults, and children and youth.